Important things that relate to certificates
- Certificates are issued for subjects in which candidates achieve grade E or better.
- ZIMSEC cannot combine grades obtained from various sittings into a single certificate.
- Candidates are advised to laminate certificates for protection against natural elements such as weather and against fraud.
- When a certificate is lost, ZIMSEC does not issue a duplicate certificate but can provide a certifying statement of results for a fee.
- A prospective employer or tertiary institution can request for a confirmation of results for a specific person from ZIMSEC.
- Certifying statements and confirmation letters do not accommodate any subsequent name changes by individuals.
- Certificates tampered with, such as those altered by pen or computer, are nullified by ZIMSEC without replacement.
- A certificate is issued to a candidate for each examination sitting , ZIMSEC does not amalgamate certificates, i.e. combine certificate results from two or more different sittings,
- Any alteration of a certificate renders it invalid,
- The ZIMSEC certificate is issued once , so keep it safe. Replacement is in the form of a certifying statement of results which is given after a fee has been paid, The certificate remains the property of the Council.